PRO is a collaborative effort melding one of Argentina’s most established outfitters with arguably the finest golden dorado guides worldwide. It’s situated on the Río Paraná—the second longest river in South America at over 2,450 miles long. This subtropical winter fishery is ideal for a cast and blast, combing Cordoba doves, BA Province ducks, or Uruguay mixed-bag shoots. Seasonally, aggressive dorado chase the vast migrating shoals of Sábalo, gouging and growing to sizes of 10 to 40+ pounds. These fish are targeted by both fly and conventional tackle.
You cover the river on custom tricked out Carolina skiffs with double decks, designed specifically for the Paraná and captained by tenured bilingual guides. After two full years of scouting, guides are keyed in on fish habits and holding waters. Fly and conventional tackle are both optimum.
You are hosted in a quaint 18 room all-inclusive boutique hotel near the Parana Riverfront in a small sub-tropical Argentine town. Hearty, local cuisine accompanied by classic Argentine wines is the culinary foundation. Trips are inclusive of shared or single occupancy.
7–9 wt. fast-action fly rods with weight-forward tropical floating line and tropical sink-tip line; sturdy reels with heavy drag systems; knotable wire is a must; tropical weight flats clothing, layers, flats sneakers, and full raingear seasonally. We provide a full gear list upon booking.
• Tropical Argentine winter season – Days average in 70s to high-50s, and nights cool to 60s to 40s (Fahrenheit). NOTE: This is a winter fishery, so light waders and warm fall-weight clothing are necessary in addition to flats clothing.
• Layered clothing and raingear are key for comfort in fluctuating temperatures.
• Some wading is offered and flats boots are helpful.
• Best lodge access is Resistencia or Corrientes City – under 2 hours – commercial flights daily.
• Season: June 20–November 5.
• You'll spend a full day on the river approximately 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
7-night/6-day Fishing Package: $5,565 per angler shared room/guide
They accept any length of stay.
The package cost includes single or shared rooms.
Fishing License: $75 per person
Tackle Rental: $25 per day
Parana River Overview